About Berkeley Futures
- Berkeley is a bespoke, all-encompassing, brokerage house that offers clients the ability to trade a multitude of markets worldwide
- A member of the Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX), the London Metal Exchange (LME), the London Stock Exchange and FIA Europe
- Berkeley offers trading access to Futures, Options, Contracts for Difference (CFDs), Forex and Equities
- Berkeley offers a comprehensive package to Introducing Brokers and Agents
- Clients may trade online through various platforms 24 hours a day, subject to exchange hours or over the telephone from 6:30am until 9:15pm (London time)
- Online clients have access to our dealing desk as a back-up service between these hours
- Berkeley accepts both Professional and Retail* for corporate, hedge fund, trust, self invested personal pension (SIPPs) and individual accounts.
- 1986 – Berkeley Futures Limited was established and first regulated in 1987
- 2000 – Berkeley Online was launched to cater for the global shift from traditional telephone brokerage to online trading
- 2000 – Berkeley Equities was established to enable clients to trade both derivative and cash markets through one brokerage account
- 2001 – Berkeley Futures became a member of the London Stock Exchange
- 2008 – Berkeley Futures became part-owned by Macquarie Investments (UK) Limited, a UK investment subsidiary of Macquarie Group, a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and fund management services
- 2012 – Berkeley Futures became a member of the Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX)
- 2015 – Berkeley Futures became a category 4 member of the London Metal Exchange (LME)
*Please note that access to some markets may be restricted to certain clients.
8 Good Reasons Traders Use Berkeley For Trading On The LME
LME access via all leading trading platforms including cost free access to our LME dealing desk which will use multiple sources to obtain the best rates for trading carries or broken dates. For more information .
LME execution via all the leading trading platforms and/or mobile trading for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. For a free demo
For LME/CME Copper arbitrage we offer margin financing from just 13% of the total initial margin. Berkeley also understands the need for speed of execution across multiple exchanges as well as the ability to immediately hedge any currency risk requirements. This is essential for successful arbitrage trading. For more information
As a category 4 member, we can trade freely with any other member which provides clients with access to a deep liquidity pool. This liquidity is sourced across several market makers as opposed to trading solely with a single provider.
Berkeley offer very keen pricing on both buying or writing of options due to our ability to independently source pricing from multiple providers. In addition we can run standardized portfolio analysis of risk (SPAN) margin scenarios to optimize funding requirements. For more information
Flexible clearing arrangements are offered across major exchanges whether give-in or give-up services are required.
As a firm, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), we segregate all client money held for the purposes of trading LME products and other listed derivatives from company funds.
LME contracts can be denominated in Euro, GBP, JPY as well as USD.